- The Israeli occupation installs water lines for illegal colonies on Palestinian lands
- Issuing military orders targeting residential and agricultural structures / Bethlehem governorate
- Settlers sabotage seedlings in Burqa town / Nablus governorate
- “Betar Illit” colony pumps wastewater into agricultural lands in Nahhalin / Bethlehem governorate
Demolishing retaining walls and barns in Beit Iksa North- West Jerusalem
- Violation: Demolishing retaining walls and barns on the pretext of unlicensed construction.
- Location: Beit Iksa North west Jerusalem.
- Date: 13/01/2019.
- Perpetrator: The Israeli building and organizing committee.
- Victims: Citizens Haitham Abdul Wahab and Mohammad Badreyeh.
In the early morning hours of Sunday January 13 -2019 , the Israeli troops raided Beit Iksa and carried out a mass demolition operation leaving 3 barns and 1 room completely destroyed, the targeted structures belong to farmer Haitham Abdul Wahab.
After receiving a demolition notice, affected citizen assigned JLAC to follow up the case in the Israeli courts, but the occupation’s troops suddenly raided the area and demolished the structures without mercy, Loss reached 160,000 NIS, taking into account that Abdul Wahab is the supporter of a family of 9 on which 3 are children.
Field observation shows that the operation left the following damages:
- Demolishing a 200 m2 zinc barn, used for cattle husbandry (70 cattle heads).
- Demolishing a 80 m2 zinc barn, used for (70 cattle heads).
- Demolishing a zinc stable 80 m2 (8 horses).
- Demolishing a zinc room 20 m2 used as a store for feeds.
- Demolishing a room 16 m2 used by the farmer
- Destroying 3 feeders and 4 waterers.
- Destroying 150 m of cables and 4 security cameras.
Demolishing 500 m of retaining walls:
In the same context, the occupation’s machineries demolished 500 m of retaining walls belong to Mohammad Badreyeh (58 years) the supporter of 6 family members / 1 child. Noteworthy, Mohammad received a demolition military order in November 20/2018, the military order set December 5 /2018 for the subcommittee session to decide the fate of the structures, JLAC was assigned by the affected farmer to follow up the case in the Israeli courts, but the occupation refused to give time for the farmer to complete the licensing procedures and demolished the structures.
They left the following damages:
- The demolition of retaining walls 500 m.
- The destruction of a metal gate 3 meters.
- The destruction of a water well 150 m3.
- The sabotage of 3 palm trees.
- The ravage of agricultural lands 2 dunums.
About Beit Iksa:
9 km north- west Jerusalem , Beit Iksa is surrounded by An-Nabi Samuel village (north) , Lifta village (south) , Beit Hanina and Shufat (East) and Beit Surik (West).
Beit Iksa has an area of 7989 dunums , 252 dunums are the town’s built-up area.
Beit Iksa has a population of 1773 people in 2017 census .
The Israeli illegal settlements devoured 1630 dunums of the towns land:
“Neve Shamuel” was established in 1996 and confiscated 7 dunums of the town’s lands.
“Ramut” was established in 1973 and confiscated 1469 dunums of the town’s lands.
“Har Samuel” was established in 1996 and confiscated 27 dunums of the town’s lands.
The apartheid wall (9517 meters ) devoured 10 dunums and isolated 4899 dunums.
Oslo conventions divided Beit Iksa lands as the following:
B area: (598) dunums.
C area : (7391) dunums.