- The Israeli occupation destroyed a pastoral reserve and cisterns in Khirbet Ad-Duqaiqah – East Yatta/ Hebron
- Demolition of 3 Facilities in Deir Ballut/ Salfit Governorate
- IOF Dismantle and Confiscate a Tent – Al-Mafqara Village East Yatta / Hebron Governorate
- The Israeli occupation forces demolish two houses in Jericho
- Halt of work orders on facilities in An-Nabi Elyas village/ Qalqilya governorate
- The Israeli occupation authorities force two brothers to demolish their homes in Silwan/ Jerusalem
- Israel to demolish Wad Al-Humus neighborhood in Sur Baher / Occupied Jerusalem
- Israeli settlers Ravage lands in Kisan village / Bethlehem governorate
Israeli settlers Ravage lands in Kisan village / Bethlehem governorate
Violation: Israeli settlers ravage lands of Kisan village.
Location: Kisan village/ Bethlehem governorate.
Perpetrator: settlers of “Ibei Hanachal” and “Maale Amos”.
Victims : people of Kisan village.
Tuesday, 18th June 2019, LRC team were conducting a field visit with Colonization and wall resistance commission , when they noticed Israeli settlers and forces ravaging lands in Kisan village. Apparently, the ravaging aims to establish a power station for settlers.
Hassan Brijiyeh head of Colonization and wall resistance commission told LRC reporter: “The occupation’s government lay their hands on Palestinian lands of Kisan, under claims that they are Israeli state’s properties, then they use it to expand and develop settlements.”
Noteworthy, the Israeli Occupation’s government announced about 660 dunums of Kisan village lands Israeli state’s properties, then the area was exploited in colonization, after denying Palestinian owners’ access to it.
Kisan is heavily targeted by settlers’ assaults and attacks , even Kisan’s schools are not appropriate for children’s use and the occupation is standing in the face of any developmental works. Nevertheless, the occupation notified several structures on claim that they lack licenses . On the other hand, Israeli illegal settlers are expanding and enjoying their lives on Kisan lands.
a view of the ravaging in Kisan
Located 18km south of Bethlehem, Kisan village is surrounded by Tuqu' (north), Sa'ir (west), the Dead Sea (east), Arab ar Rashayda/ Sa'ir/ Al Buweib (south). Kisan has a population of 560 people (2017 census). It has a total area of 133,278 dunums- 88,7 of which are built-up area. The Israeli occupation confiscated 2201 dunums of Kisan lands to build the following colonies:
Maale Amos which was built in 1981 and devoured 320dunums of Kisan. It is inhabited by 299 colonists.
Mizpe Shalem which was built in 1971 and confiscated 396 dunums. 193 colonists live in that colony.
Mizpe Shalem B which was built in 1980 and stole 58 dunums.
Ibei Hanachal outpost which confiscated 166 dunums of Kisan.
Israeli Bypass road number 90 devoured more than 1000 dunums.
According to Oslo Accords, 11% of Kisan is considered nature reserve while 40% is under Area B (PA is in charge of civil matters with Israel responsible for security). However, most of the village lands (49%) is under Area C (Israel maintains full security and administrative control). Here are the areas in dunums:
Land considered natural preserve (24.480) dunums
Area B (88.5) dunums
Area C (108.455) dunums