- The Israeli occupation lay their hands on a plot in Dura/ Hebron Governorate
- Six new illegal Israeli outposts in Hebron since 2017
- Confiscating 3500 dunums of Ar-Reef Ash-Sharqi lands for “Nokodim” settlement / Bethlehem
- The occupation authorities destroyed cisterns and ravaged lands in “Umm Kbaish”/ Tubas governorate
- Settlers of Yitzhar attack ‘Asira Al-Qibliya village / Nablus governorate
- The Israeli occupation demolishes an under construction house in At-Tur / Occupied Jerusalem
- The Israeli Authorities confiscate more lands in Beit Jala / Bethlehem governorate
- Israelis take over more lands in Al-Khader and Beit Jala / Bethlehem governorate
Settlers of Yitzhar attack ‘Asira Al-Qibliya village / Nablus governorate
Violation: Damaging cars and terrorizing Palestinians.
Location: ‘Asira Al-Qibliya / Nablus governorate.
Perpetrators: Settlers of Yitzhar.
Victims: three citizens from the village.
Sunday 8th of September 2019 , settlers from Yitzhar settlement damaged and destroyed the glass of three cars , during their attack on ‘Asira Al-Qabiliya village south Nablus city.
Village council head Hafith Salih told LRC reporter:
“In the early morning hours of Sunday , a group of settlers sneaked to the eastern neighborhood of ‘Asira Al-Qibliya. The perpetrators were 15-20 armed settlers who ruined the tires and broke the windows of three cars. Luckily, once the town’s people woke up defended themselves and made settlers run back to their settlement.”
The damaged cars belong to:
- Abdul Wahab Ahmad
- Abdul Basit Abdul Rahman.
- Rafiq Ahmad.
Noteworthy, Perpetrators of such attacks are related to the price tag gang. Such gangs are related to radical right wing groups that encourage and provoke terrorist attacks against Palestinians.
General Information about ‘Asira al Qibliya:
‘Asira al Qibliya is located 20 km south of Nablus city; it is surrounded by the villages of Tell (north), Tell, Zita and Jamma’in (West), Madame (East) and ‘Urif and Jamama’in (south).
‘Asira Al-Qibliya has a population of (2935) people , until 2017 census.
Its total area is about 6440, 332 are the town’s built up area. There are 530 dunums confiscated for the enlargement of Yitzhar, which was established in 1983 and populated about 440 settlers.
According to Oslo convention the land is divided to:
B areas (4,503) dunums
C areas (1,937) dunums.
The contents of this document is the sole responsibility of LRC and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union