- Settlers steal the harvest of a Palestinian farmer – Al-Lubban Ash-Sharqiya/ Nablus governorate
- “Price tag” settlers gang sabotage Palestinian properties in Al-Bireh / Ramallah governorate
- The Israeli occupation forces demolished “Abu Hmaid” family home in Al-Am’ari refugees’ camp / Ramallah governorate
- Ravaging a paved road in Sa’ir town / Hebron governorate
- Jerusalemite forced to demolish his own home in Jabal Al-Mukabir / occupied Jerusalem
- Just in time of Olive harvesting season .. Settlers steal olive harvest from a plot in Al-Mazra’a Al-Gharbiya / Ramallah governorate
- Settlers write hatred inciting slogans and Slash car tires in Marda / North – East Salfit
The Israeli Authorities confiscate more lands in Beit Jala / Bethlehem governorate
Violation: The Israeli occupation announce confiscating 2.831 dunums.
Location : Beit Jala / Bethlehem governorate.
Perpetrators: The Israeli occupation civil administration.
Victims: People of Beit Jala.
The Israeli Occupation Civil Administration – competent Authority head “Ghassan ‘Elian” issued in the 1st of September 2019 a resolution of Seizing and taking power of disposal in agricultural lands with a total area of 2.831 dunums for public interest. The resolution was entitled “seizure and taking power of disposal “expanding and repairing road 60 – Beit Jala” implementation of seizure order 19/10/H, for public interest and constructing a tunnel in road 60.
The military resolution states that the civil administration referred to articles 4 of lands seizure regulations 2 of 1953 for public interests, after they decided to create a tunnel as a route extension in road 60.
The occupation authorities claim that the Tunnel will serve Palestinian citizens, and that the owners will receive reparation, while working on the tunnel will commence in 60 days after the announcement.
Noteworthy, the confiscation is detrimental to the owners , the occupation always finds excuses to impose control over more and more of the Palestinian lands .
The Israeli occupation have been heavily targeting Bethlehem governorate recently, there is an escalating wave of attacks and land grabs under public interest claims, but with one purpose which is devouring more and more of the Palestinian lands. However, Owners are preparing ownership deeds and legal files to file an objection.
The targeted lands in Beit Jala
It is located 1 km to the west of Bethlehem and 8 km to the south west of the Occupied City of Jerusalem. 3147 dunums (22%) of the town's lands were confiscated to expand the borders of "greater Jerusalem" and a number of surrounding colonies including:
Gilo: it was established in 1971 to cover around 2738 dunums in area nowadays. 1117 dunums are part of Beit Jala lands. The colony is inhabited by 31500 colonists.
Har Gilo: it was established in 1972 to cover around 420 dunums in area nowadays. 314 dunums are part of Beit Jala lands. The colony is inhabited by 414 colonists.
Area and Location:
Beit Jala is inhabited by 16700 Palestinians (PCBS). Its total area is 14337 dunums divided into 6142 dunums (area 'A'), 91 dunums (area 'B'), and 8104 dunums (area 'C') (Oslo Interim Agreement 1995).
The contents of this document is the sole responsibility of LRC and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union