- Israeli Occupation of Palestine's West Bank during the COVID-19Pandemic
- The occupation targets barns and agricultural facilities in Birin/ South Hebron
- The Israeli Occupation demolishes 11 houses and facilities in Masafer Yatta / Hebron governorate
- The occupation’s municipality forces Farah family to demolish their homes / Occupied Jerusalem
- The Occupation’s municipality forces Basheer family to demolish their own home in Jabal Al-Mukabir / Occupied Jerusalem
- Demolition of three agricultural residences in Tarqumiya / Hebron governorate
Demolishing two houses in Shuyukh Al-‘Aroub / North Hebron
Violation: Demolishing two houses.
Location: Al-Bas - Shuyukh Al-‘Aroub / North Hebron.
Perpetrators: The Israeli occupation civil administration.
Victims: Brothers Nabil and Khalid Khaneh.
Tuesday, November 19, the Israeli occupation authorities demolished two houses belong to two brothers in Shuyukh Al-‘Aroub village, north Hebron.
A Massive army force , border guards patrol , members from the building and organization department with three Hyundai excavators raided Al-Bas area ,they besieged the houses and prohibited citizens from reaching them , then carried out the demolition.
The Israeli occupation bulldozers demolishing the houses
The targeted houses belong to the following people:
- Citizen Nabil Khaneh: the occupation forces demolished his family house , which consists of two floors and still under construction , the house has an area of 200 m2 , and was supposed to be a home for a family of 7.
- Citizen Khalid Khaneh: the occupation forces demolished his family house , which consists of two floors and still under construction , the house has an area of 200 m2 , and was supposed to be a home for a family of 5.
The Israeli occupation authorities issued halt of work orders on the targeted houses in November 18th 2014, on the pretext of building without licenses. Owners of the houses applied for licenses and hired a lawyer to file for an objection and follow up the case, but the occupation authorities refused to do that under false pretenses.
halt of work order on two houses Photos
The targeted houses in 2014
The demolition came only few hours after Secretary of foreign affairs Mike Pampeo announced that US will no longer abide by 1978 State Department opinion that settlements are against international law.
The Israeli occupations’ intention is to open a new colonial street close to the area , and the ravaging works commenced early this November.
International Conventions and agreements pertaining to house and residences demolition:
Article 147 of Geneva fourth convention : extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly. ( it is considered a serious violation of the convention)
Article 53 of Geneva fourth convention that forbids destroying properties : Any destruction by the Occupying Power of real or personal property belonging individually or collectively to private persons, or to the State, or to other public authorities, or to social or co-operative organizations, is prohibited, except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations.
Article 33 of Geneva fourth convention: No protected person may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed.
Article 32 of Hague convention 1907 part g: To destroy or seize the enemy's property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war.
Article 17 of Universal declaration of human rights 10 –Dec- 1948: No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.