- Arson attack on the Church of All Nations at Gethsemane / Occupied Jerusalem
- The Occupation Municipality forces Ayham Al-Khateeb to demolish his house in Sour Bahir/ Occupied Jerusalem
- ‘Abdo family forced to demolish their own house in Jabal Al-Mukabir / Occupied Jerusalem
- The Israeli Occupation demolished stairs of Bab Al-Asbat cemetery / Occupied Jerusalem
- Demolishing a business facility and an under construction house in Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi / Ramallah governorate
- Establishing a new colonial outpost on the lands of Khirbet Umm Khrouba / Tubas Governorate
- Under claims of using an Archaeological area, the occupation threatens to remove number of facilities in Ibziq hamlet / Tubas governorate
- The Israeli Occupation razes the entire community of Khirbet Humsa/ Tubas governorate
- Demolishing a house and a Fish Pond in Khirbet Al-Farisiya / Tubas governorate
Demolishing a business facility and an under construction house in Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi / Ramallah governorate
Violation: Demolishing a business facility and an under construction house.
Location: Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi village / Ramallah governorate.
Date: November 25th 2020.
Perpetrators: The Israeli Civil Administration.
Victims: Citizens ‘Ali Wahdan and Mohammed Abu Salim.
The Israeli Occupation accompanied by the building and organization department in the “Israeli Civil Administration” raided Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi village, and carried on ravaging a shack used as a vehicle repair workshop , in addition to house foundations. The demolition followed a notice issued in reference to military order “1797” which targets incomplete and uninhabited houses.
Owners of the targeted facilities received demolition and removal notices in October 14th 2020 and November 19th 2020, the occupation authorities gave the owners only 96 hours to evict their properties.
The following table shows more information about the targeted facilities and owners:
Military order number
Type of facility
-Shack (40 m2) used as a vehicle repair workshop.
-A bathroom built of bricks and zinc.
-front yard (60 m2) built of cement.
Raed Abu Salim
-Under construction house , foundations phase with a total area of 160 m2
Sources: Firsthand field observation- Israeli Violations Monitoring Section – Land Research Center – November 2020
‘Ali Wahdan (59) told LRC the following:
“Three months ago I started a vehicle repair business, to create a job for myself and put food on the table for my family. Soon enough, a massive army force and a civil administration officer showed up and gave me a halt of work notice , I tried to object , but the objection was refused , so the occupation authorities carried out the demolition, leaving me with 43 thousand shekels loss.”
Photos 5-6: Demolition and removal notices for citizens’ homes in Al-Lubban Al- Gharbi
Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi village:
30 km northwest Ramallah, Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi is surrounded by Deir Ballut (north) , Rantees and the greenline (west) , Aboud (east) and Bani Zaid (west) . Bayt Areh settlement is built on confiscated lands (east) , Aboud and Rantis (south) , it is also blocked by ‘Ofarim settlement (south).
Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi has a total population of (1566) people in 2017 census.
The village has a total area of 10,779 dunums , of which 280 dudums are a built up area for Al-Lubban Al-Gharbi.
The occupation confiscated (2369) dunums for the following:
Israeli settlements devoured about (1126) dunums as the following:
Area in dunums
Number of settlers for 2018
Bypasses 445 and 446 devoured 602 dunums.
The apartheid wall:
The existing apartheid walls 6,407 m , it ate up 641 dunums.
The under construction apartheid wall is (4,801) m, it will eat up 480 dunums.
In case the construction was completed , the wall will isolate (2,914) dunums.
According to Oslao accords the village lands are divided as the following:
B area : 305 dunums.
C area: 10,474 dunums.
This report was prepared with EU funding
The contents of this document do not reflect positions and views of the European Union