- Demolition of a commercial facility in Beit Hanina / North Jerusalem
- The occupation carried out a mass demolition operation in Shu'fat refugees’ camp / Jerusalem
- “Price Tag” colonists torch car and write hatred inciting slogans in ‘Urif/ Nablus governorate
- The occupation implant a mass demolition operation in Az Za’yyem/ Jerusalem
- Demolition of a building in Ras-Khamees- Shufat camp / Jerusalem
- 640 new housing units in "Ramat Shlomo" settlement / North Jerusalem
- The Israeli occupation Halt work on an agricultural road in Qaryut/ Nablus governorate
- Stop construction orders on residential and Agricultural structures in Az-Zawiya / Salfit governorate
- Occupation carry out ravaging and uprooting in Khirbet Jamrura/ Hebron
- Stop-Work Orders on 4 residences in Nahhalin / Bethlehem Governorate
Israel municipality in Jerusalem demolishes a commercial establishment in the neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah in Jerusalem
The bulldozers of Israel municipality in Jerusalem demolished on November 08, 2017 a commercial establishment owned by Adnan Harhash in the neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah in Jerusalem on the claim of "unlicensed exhibition"
Harash told Land Research Center the following
In 2013, we received a demolition order from the municipality, targeting an annexed toilet with total area of 20m2. A 20,000 NIS fine was also imposed on us as a result. Therefore, we demolished the toilet and paid the fine.
Harhash explained that he was surprised by demolishing his establishment (car dealership) and sweeping the land in 2016. The bulldozers swept the land and demolished the business office (30m2). Next day of the demolition, we cleaned the area to pave it again and use it for exhibiting cars but a staff from the municipality arrived at the location and warned us of another demolition.
On November 08, 2017 , dozers of the occupation municipality arrived at the location and carried out the demolition after we emptied the car dealership.
Municipality crews requested Harhash to clean the land and remove the rubbish and threatened to impose a fine on him in case of any delay.
Land Research Center LRC sees that demolitions contradict with all the International conventions and Humanitarian laws including:
Article 17 of the (1948) Universal Declaration of Human Rights stating: “Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.”
Section ‹G› of article 23 of the (1907) The Hague Conventions asserting: “In addition to the prohibitions provided by special Conventions, it is especially forbidden to destroy or seize the enemy's property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war.”
Article 53 of the Geneva Fourth Convention (1948) declaring: “Any destruction by the Occupying Power of real or personal property belonging individually or collectively to private persons, or to the State, or to other public authorities, or to social or cooperative organizations, is prohibited, except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations.”
Section 1, Article 11 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (1966): “The States Parties to the present Covenant recognize the right of everyone to an adequate standard of living for himself and his family, including adequate food, clothing and housing, and to the continuous improvement of living conditions.