- Beit El colony Expands on Baytin village lands / Ramallah Governorate
- Israeli Colonists Establish a New Outpost in Khirbet Mzokah / Tubas Governorate
- Notices for Structures and Lands in Salfit City
- Demolition of Structures and a Barn in Qaffin town / Tulkarm Governorate
- The Civil Administration Demolishes a Store in Ya’bad town / Jenin Governorate
- Halt of Work notice for a store in Haris Village / Salfit Governorate
- Demolishing an Agricultural Room West Deir Ballout / Salfit Governorate
The Occupation’s Municipality Forces Self-demolition in Wad Hilweh
Sunday, June 27th 2021, Citizen Mohammed Sayam from Wad Hilweh in Sailwan to demolish a store south Al-Aqsa Mosque on the pretext of building without a license.
Noteworthy, the store was built of only bricks 20 years ago, and was being used as a store, the family tried to freeze the order and delay the demolition but in vain. In the end, The Occupation municipality issued a final demolition order, so the owner had to carry out the demolition himself to avoid paying the high fine which may mount to tens thousands of Shekels.
Sunday morning, Mohammed demolished the structure, in compliance with the occupation’s municipality decision.
Mohammed Sayam told LRC:
“At the time the Occupation municipality demolishes our structures and prohibits construction and expansion for Palestinians, Israeli illegal colonists are taking over Palestinian ancient buildings on one hand and constructing new structures on the other, without any sort of inconveniences from the Israeli government.”
Wad Al-Hilweh neighborhood is adjacent to the southern wall of Al-Aqsa Mosque and the old city, the neighborhood has a total area of 750 dunums, and a population of 5000 people, the neighborhood is under attack by colonial institutions, nature authority and the occupation municipality. Israeli colonial institutions carry out excavations under houses, which made more structures threatened to fall down.
Protecting marginalized communities in Jerusalem through legal support and advocacy
This report was prepared with EU funding, the contents of this document do not reflect positions of the European Union