- Halt of work Notice for a House in Budrus village / Ramallah governorate
- Removal notices for residential and Agricultural facilities in Khirbet Yarza
- Halt of Work notices for 11 residences and Facilities in Shuqba / Ramallah governorate
- Demolition and Removal notices for Structures South Jenin City
- Military order to Seize 34 dunums for Opening a bypass road in Salfit lands
- The Israeli Occupation Demolish and Confiscate an Agricultural room in Al-Fakheet at Masafer Yatta / South Hebron
- The Israeli Occupation Close off 9 agriculture roads in Al-Mughayyir / Ramallah governorate
- The Occupation Forces Demolish Residences in Ar-Rashayda community west An-Nuwe’ima / Jericho governorate
- Agricultural Facility demolished in Wad Ash-Shenar east Halhul / Hebron Governorate
- Colonists Attack ‘Awad Family in She’ab Al-Butum South Hebron
The Israeli Occupation Close off 9 agriculture roads in Al-Mughayyir / Ramallah governorate
Violation: closure of 9 agricultural roads.
Location: Al-Mughayyir village /Ramallah governorate.
Date: March 17th 2021.
Perpetrators: The Israeli Occupation Forces.
Victims: Farmers from Al-Mughayyir.
Wednesday, March 17th 2021, the Israeli Occupation Forces closed off 9 agricultural roads via cement blocks and earth mounds in Al-Mughayyir Ramallah governorate, on the pretext of “Maintaining Security”.
The targeted roads link several olive groves to bypass Alon, which was opened to serve number of colonies at the area. “Security” means protecting Israeli illegal colonists and hindering Palestinian farmers access to their lands, this is part of the occupation’s policies that aim to seize more Palestinian lands for the sake of colonialist projects.
Noteworthy, about 350 dunums of olive and almond groves were affected by the closures.
Village council head Ameen Abu ‘Alya told LRC: “What happens in Al-Mughayyir is a systematic Israeli plan that aims to create a new reality on the rubble of Al-Mughayyir and other villages north Ramallah..
The Closure of several roads is an attempt to humiliate Palestinians. before that, the occupation prohibited farmers from accessing lands in the Northern and Western areas nearby the illegal colony ‘Adei ‘Ad. There are also daily raids under “Security” claims. Eventually, through these policies the occupation attempts to create a harsh reality for Palestinians, in order to force families to leave the village.”
Photos 1-5: Photos of the closed roads
Al Mughayyir is located 30 km to the north east of Ramallah; it is inhabited by around 3,249 people according to the PCBS statistics conducted in 2017.
Most of the village agricultural fields are located in its eastern parts; its total area is 33055 dunums, 501 of which are built-up area.
The Israeli occupation confiscated 37 dunums of Al Mughayyir lands for bypass #458.
According to Oslo Accords, about 95% of the village is under Area C while only 5% is under Area B.
- Area B: 1,695 dunums
- Area C: 31,360 dunums
The Occupation Authorities closures in West Bank governorates is a violation of Movement Rights imposed by international treaties:
Article 13 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
1. Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
2. Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
Article 5 International Convention of Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination:
(d) Other civil rights, in particular:
(i) The right to freedom of movement and residence within the border of the State;
(ii) The right to leave any country, including one's own, and to return to one's country;